The Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda, accredited by the Department for Public Administration, trains operators of the public and private sectors (and newly-graduates) to develop new competencies and abilities to tackle the next challenges related to the Recovery and Resilience Plan.
The course promotes:
- considerations on public assets and the innovative collaborative governance capacity, for the creation of public value through policies, services and digitization
- development of human resources, soft skills and competencies that can foster the activation and acceleration of innovation, through cutting-edge planning approaches (co-design and gamification)
- assessment of policies (counterfactual approach and theory of change), and performance through service quality (design thinking)
- creation of public value through public databases (text mining) within the policymaking framework
- acquisition of behavioural techniques (nudges) to tackle sustainability issues, especially concerning sustainable tourism.
The Master strategically focuses on the after-pandemic recovery, by involving the figures and professionals of the public sector.
The course units of the Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda offer a multidisciplinary environment that foster comparison and integration between topics and approaches, the exchange of ideas and professional experiences from diverse institutional and territorial contexts.
Specific attention is given to local, regional and national policies within the 2030 Agenda, to public utility services and to the impact of new technologies on the renewal of organizations, instruments and innovative approaches that promote partnerships between the public, private and people. Ample attention is given to policy design and sustainable tourism, digital Agendas (European, national and regional), the use of public textual databases and personal data protection, design thinking, organizational innovation and quality of services to citizens.
The mission is also strengthening cross-sectional work methods, soft skills, and innovative ideas and techniques of policy design, management and sustainable policy assessment. In this context, attendees will learn involvement, motivation and cooperation techniques to promote sustainable innovation, and the improvement policies of the democratic governance, according to the approach set forth by the 2030 Agenda.
The topics of sustainable development will be unfolded and adapted to the COVID-19 post-emergency context.
The Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda resorts to the contribution of professors from seven different Departments of the University of Padua, and professors from other Italian and European Universities.
The Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda prepares:
- Students with a Master’s Degree, doctorate or equivalent titles, who wish to improve their skills and policy competencies
- Public administrators
- Region, local, state and public utility managers;
- Relevant organization and non-profit association managers
- Experts, quality and consumer protection managers for private and public associations, institutions and companies
- Tourism and sustainability sector managers
- Experts of national and regional high-technology services and policy assessment
- University administrative managers and technicians
- Experts of public relations, image and communication, in the public and private sector
- Members of independent evaluation associations and evaluation units
- Personal data protection officers
Enriched with new, qualifying competencies and soft skills, such as policy advisor, policy designer, policy evaluator, textual database analyst and innovation manager, attendees – at all organizational and institutional levels – can become the interpreters and accelerators for innovation, a crucial lever so that the Country’s modernization and digitization are truly successful.
The Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda provides training and project work on:
CHANGE, STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP, COMMUNICATION, PUBLIC, PRIVATE PEOPLE PARTNERSHIP THEORIES
- Innovation and public value generation theories
- Decision-making and innovation processes
- Smart and soft work in public and private contexts
- Nudge techniques to improve the effectiveness of policies and services
- HR assessment and organizational innovation strategies and techniques
- Social media and public communication
DIGITAL TRANSITION (DIGITAL AGENDAS)
- Sustainable innovation values, strategies and tools in light of new technologies
- Information and service innovation technology
- Big and open data, interdependencies, integration and regulation
- Privacy law: big data and organizations
- Cognitive processes and innovation ecosystem creation
- Machine learning and applications in the public sector
EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF POLICIES, PERFORMANCES AND SERVICE QUALITY
- Social impact analysis and participatory evaluation
- Investment risk and evaluation – Social-healthcare service integration and evaluation
- User and consumer satisfaction and protection
- Change communication and evaluation: textual analysis
- Public intervention cost/benefit analysis
- PA/company interaction quality measurement
There will also be SINGLE COURSES organized as follows:
- Nudging and public policies / 21 hours / 3 CFU / January 2023
- Data governance: public database textual analysis / 21 hours / 3 CFU / February 2023
- 2030 Agenda policies and performance assessment; Social impact analysis and participatory evaluation / 35 hours / 5 CFU / March 2023
- Personnel assessment and human resource promotion systems / 14 hours / 2 CFU / May 2023
- Integrated cost-benefit analysis for policy sustainability / 28 hours / 4 CFU / May 2023
The Master and Single Course “2030 Agenda policies and performance assessment; Social impact analysis and participatory evaluation” are included in the ongoing education catalogue for the Lifelong Learning of Independent Assessment Bodies.
Furthermore, the Master’s Course is part of the Erasmus+ “Nudge my Tour” – that promotes a behavioural approach to sustainable tourism – and “Playing public policy” – on the use of gamification in analysing and designing public policies – European projects.
The Master’s Degree in Innovation, Design and Assessment of Service Policies – 2030 Agenda is partner of the Erasmus+ “Nudge My Tour” European project, to apply the Nudge to after-COVID sustainable tourism policies. “Nudge My Tour” is the first European project to ever combine applied behavioural science and tourism. The project helps to improve the skills of tourism planning/management professionals and university students on the application of behavioural-based measures and Nudge-based actions to manage tourism flows and prevent unsustainable behaviour in a tourist site.
Enrolments for the PISIA Master are due online by 7 October 2022, and by the end of February 2023 for enrolments under INPS Valore PA.
The Master will start in November 2022 with a 30-hour credit course on “Nudge and sustainable tourism policies” on Fridays in morning and afternoon sessions and Saturdays in morning sessions for two to three weeks.
The Master consists of a total of 308 hours and runs from November 2022 with the accredited course, continuing from February 2023 to November 2023 on Fridays from 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and on average twice a month on Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Half of the lessons will be held in person in Padua, at the Department of Political and Legal Sciences and International Studies, and the other half will be held remotely, in live-synchronous mode, on the Zoom platform.
For single courses only, there will be the possibility to participate remotely, in synchronous-live mode on the Zoom platform without participating in group work, which will only be held in the classroom.
Yes, a Public Institution can enrol one of its employees. In this case, please contact the Master’s Administrative Office to know more about the procedure to follow and finalize the enrolment.